Desert Technologies is a turn-key Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractor for Photovoltaic and Hybrid energy solutions. From A to Z, Desert Technologies will take care of
- Utility scale ground mounted installations are at the core of both our EPC and development business. With significant economies of scale, these large installations are ideal for grid connected projects or off-grid projects with a high consumption off-takers such as factories, mines, desalination plants, residential compounds or isolated villages.
- Ground mounted installations, unlike rooftop or carport installations, require significant areas of clear, flat land. We are also highly experienced in managing the interconnection, including high tension lines, of the utility scale plants to the electricity grid. As with all our EPC business, we can continue to look after the plant after construction, providing operating, maintenance and security services for all types of installations.
- We use high-efficiency crystalline silicon panels to transform unused roof space into an electricity-generating asset.
- Particularly suitable for the urban environment where empty land is prohibitively expensive, rooftop installations carry additional advantages in hot countries. By insulating the roof against direct sunlight, the panels significantly reduce air conditioning costs. Furthermore, the elevated location of the panels reduces the risk of theft or accidental damage.
- Our engineering team has over 200MW of rooftop installation experience in this increasingly popular solution, making us a world leader in the field.
- PV Carport canopies are a stylish and efficient solution that combines electricity by providing shelter to parked cars.
- The canopy can be integrated into a variety of different carport designs and structures, creating a progressive and stylish architectural statement. By installing solar panels directly onto the structure instead of layering them onto the roofing materials, we can offset some of the construction costs.
- Carport canopy systems can stand alone or be combined with other building systems, such as curtain wall integrated panels or rooftop mounted arrays, to directly reduce electricity bills and minimize reliance on the grid. We can also integrate these carports with our electric vehicle charging systems.