Development & Investment
Investing in Renewable Power Generation
Desert Technologies is an experienced developer of utility-scale solar projects under a build, own and operate format, structured either through the sale of electricity per kWh or through alternative structures such as equipment leases. Desert Technologies’ landmark projects in Jordan (Falcon) and Egypt (ARC, Winnergy and Arinna), for a total of 150MW under long term power purchase agreements and benefitting from Ministry of Finance guarantees, have established DT as one of the region’s leading solar photovoltaic developers.
Working with either Government or bankable private sector clients, Desert Technologies is able to turn an upfront investment in a PV system into long term electricity or equipment supply agreement, below the equivalent cost of electricity. The result is to achieve savings from day one, as expensive electricity bills are turned into lower monthly payments.
DT works with banks, co-investment partners and private equity firms to optimize the capital structure of these deals and achieve the most cost-effective solution in every case. DT has particular expertise in working in emerging or frontier markets, creating projects that achieve international standards of bankability and performance even in challenging jurisdictions.
- Structuring long term power purchase agreements (“PPA”)
- Permitting and authorizations
- Securing project finance
- Equipment leasing
- Export finance
- Equity investment
- Project management
- Asset management and operation
dt development successful model to develop utility scale and off-grid projects through the full lifecycle.
- Leverage the vast industry and government network of our principals
- Clearly articulate our complementary strengths, while seeking partnerships with other developers
- Solid pipeline is already in place.
- Achieve a high “success rate” through the development cycle by:
(i) Building and enhancing in-house capabilities; and
(ii) Accelerating the timetable to financial close
- Leverage our capital markets strength to lead the syndication of both the:
(i) Credit tranche(s); & (ii) Equity
- Maximize benefits from existing relationships with DFIs and ECAs
Stage: Asset Management
- Improve upon existing construction & project management capabilities
- Ensure on time/budget delivery of an asset through EPC contract management
- Utilize tools & techniques for resource analysis
- Ensure optimal performance through efficient O&M operations.